[texhax] TeXLive 2005 installation

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Wed Jan 11 01:38:45 CET 2006

  >>     Do you have an example where it makes sense to continue?

  > I was imagining that at least in some cases it might be nicer to get
  > the output with a missing figure than no output at all.  Easier to
  > debug with the visual evidence.

Yes, but when people need debugging information they should get it by
either providing a command line option or setting an environment
variable.

In all other cases it is a severe error and dvips has to abort.

Suppose your linker says

	ld: File libfoo.a couldn't be found; continuing

and you get a binary which crashes when beeing invoked.  This is quite
similar to the current behaviour of dvips.

Many people send dvips output directly to a printer and i'm sure that
they prefer that dvips crashes instead of sending invalid stuff to
the printer.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25