[texhax] Images

Philip G. Ratcliffe philipratcliffe at tiscali.it
Fri Jan 6 22:36:55 CET 2006

> I am new to using pictures in LaTex.  I am using winshell and
> have bmp images that I want to put in.  When I run the pdftex
> the file shows up in Adobe, but with no pictures.  Also, what
> programs may I use to put images into eps form??

First of all, most of us would appreciate plain text postings, thank you.

Now, to this rather FAQ (really, the FAQ linked at the bottom of this
posting, I hope, does cover this topic pretty thoroughly): almost any
Windogs image editor (even paint) will save a bmp in jpeg format and that's
sufficient for pdftex; set up a postscript printer and print to file to
create a ps from any application (you may need to manually chop the funny
head and tail lines containing control characters fo specific printers).

Cheers,  Phil Ratcliffe