[texhax] making tables bigger

Christopher W. Ryan cryan at binghamton.edu
Tue Feb 28 16:58:02 CET 2006

I struggled over the weekend typing my daughter's science fair project.
  It was for display on a typical tri-fold cardboard poster, so it had
to be legible from a distance.  I typed it in article style using \Large
and that seemed to work--except for the data table, which remained
small, as it would be in a written manuscript.

I fiddled with various boxes, minipages, and putting \Large in the body
of the table environment, but I couldn't get it right.

I did an end-run and used seminar style, as if I was making overhead
transparencies, and that did the trick.

But I was wondering if there was a straightforward way to make tables
larger in article style.

Thanks.

--
Christopher W. Ryan, MD
and Wilson Family Practice Residency, Johnson City, NY

"If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather wood,
divide the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the
vast and endless sea."  [Antoine de St. Exupery]