[texhax] latex default output font

Axel E. Retif axretif at igo.com.mx
Sat Feb 25 04:55:39 CET 2006

On Feb 22, 2006, at 2:07 AM, Olaf Dietrich wrote:

> Steve Schwartz (2006-02-21T17:02:36+0000):
>> I have followed this exchange with some interest
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> I've stumbled across the sfmath package at
>> http://dtrx.de/od/tex/sfmath.html which seems to do a good job
>> (I'm not
>> a typesetter, nor a (La)TeX font guru, and haven't looked at all
>> parts).
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> Perhaps someone could put sfmath up on ctan?
>
> Generally, I wouldn't mind putting sfmath on CTAN - it's just
> that I always thought sfmath.sty to be a little bit too much
> of a kludge.
>
> [...]
>
> Anyway, if some people think that sfmath.sty should be put
> to CTAN (and tell me so), that's okay for me and will upload
> it.

I do. In my publishing house we use sans serif fonts for figure
labels, so I've used your sfmath.sty together with Francesco
Constanzo & Gary Gray's WARMFigToPDF in Illustrator files. Before
that, I had to DeclareMathAlphabets like \msfbf, \msfsl, etc., and
then $\msfbf{v}\mathsf{(\msfsl{A})=0}$. Your package makes things
easier for me.

Best

Axel