?SPAM? - Re: [texhax] TeX capacity exceeded??

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sun Feb 12 11:38:00 CET 2006

Reinhard Kotucha wrote:

> The reason you didn't got a response yet is probably the annoying html
> code appended to your mail.  Can you instruct your mail program to
> omit html?

I see no HTML in the original message; I do see a Korean
character ("tak_sign.gif") encoded in base-64, but that's
not unreasonable in a posting from a Korean !

> What we need is the log file and the source file in which the error
> occurs.

Some of the source was in the original message :

 > Hi.
 >
 > I am working with your WinEdt, but I am faced with a problem.
 > I am trying to \input a TeX figure into my main document. What
 > I have done is
 >
 > \begin{figure}
 > \input{fig1.tex}
 > \end{figure}
 >
 > However, WinEdt says
 >
 > ! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [main memory size=3D2000001].
 > \put ...
 > \hb at xt@ \z@ {\kern #1\unitlength #3\hss
 > }
 >
 > \ignorespaces
 > l.44939 \put(1019,373){\rule{1pt}{1pt}}
 > If you really absolutely need more capacity,
 > you can ask a wizard to
 > enlarge me.
 >
 > So, my figrue seems too big for my current settings to handle.
 > Please tell me how I can go around this problem ASAP.
 > Many thanks for your help in advance.
 >
 > Ciao.
 > tak..

Philip Taylor