[texhax] hyperref and \url

tom sgouros tomfool at as220.org
Fri Dec 22 18:53:51 CET 2006

Victor Ivrii <vivrii at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Is there any way to get the url package and hyperref to play together
> > nicely?  I use url.sty to get hyphenation in long URLs, but hyperref
> > disdains the approach and straightens them out into my margins (and off
> > the page) anyway.  Is there another package or some incantation anyone
> > can recommend to tame my unruly URLs?
>
> You do not need url package. Just put in hyperref options [breaklinks=true,]
> by default it is false.

Thank you very much.  I should have been more explicit in my question,
but I regularly forget that the TeX world has bifurcated into the pdftex
camp and the dvips->ps2pdf camp, where I mostly still live.  Maybe I'll
take this moment to update all the figures from eps.  If anyone has a
way to do this that involves dvips, I'm all ears.

Many thanks again.

 -tom