[texhax] \gg in TeX?

Uwe Lück uwe.lueck at web.de
Tue Dec 19 14:37:55 CET 2006

At 05:16 19.12.06, Micha Hofri wrote:

>Thanks Uwe.

Thanks so much for thanking -- a lot! --
since I am so much ashamed of my nonsense postings.

>That sent me to look again at the file I received.  It had
>the line
>\font\gg=cmr8
>when that was commented out, everything reverted to normal.  I suppose it
>defines the glyph to a size it is not normally available...

I don't suppose this ... being to lazy to work myself through
the TeXbook here, it seems to me that \font\gg is something
very nonsensical.

Maybe the original command was an attempt to get the \gg
in a smaller font ... yet this would require ...

HTH -- Uwe.