[texhax] circle like \fbox

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sun Dec 17 01:14:57 CET 2006

  > is there a corresponding command \fbox{something} that will draw a
  > circle around something (simple) e..g \fcircle{x} (i.e. for one
  > character)?

TeX cannot do it itself, it only supports text and rules.  But with
the TikZ/pgf package you can do almost everything.  I suppose that you
have TikZ/pgf and the manual already on your system, otherwise you can
download it from CTAN.

If you just want to look into the manual, try:

  http://ctan.org/tex-archive/graphics/pgf/doc/generic/pgf/version-for-pdftex/en/pgfmanual.pdf

You'll find an example on page 19.

Regards,
  Reinhard