[texhax] Question on using fontinst

Joel Coltoff joel at wmi.com
Fri Dec 1 14:38:16 CET 2006

Hi,

I'm having a problem setting up my postscript fonts. I think
I know what the problem is but I can't figure out how to fix
it. I want to use frutiger as a typewriter font. If I use it
as my roman font it works just fine. The problem comes in when
I try and use it in a verbatim environment. Some of the
characters either don't show up or are wrong. I can see that
there is an encoding problem but I don't know what incantation
I need to use to fix it.

Is this something I should do when I run fontinst or is there
a command I can use in the document to reencode the font when
it is used for texttt?

I know I can edit the vpl file or can use \DeclareFontEncoding
but I don't know which is considered the best way.

Thanks,
   - Joel