[texhax] Turning off bad box messages

John R. Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Thu Aug 24 04:30:16 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 23 August 2006 16:03, Chris Bergstresser wrote:
> On 8/22/06, Tom Schneider <toms at ncifcrf.gov> wrote:
> > >    I'm writing a package which has to put a lot of stuff in specific
> > > places on a page, and TeX is proving to be near impossible to work
> > > with.
> >
> > One way is to use pstricks.  With the appropriate commands you can set
> > up a nice coordinate system and then place whatever you want whereever
> > you want.
>
>    It seems like this is a better way to go than trying to recreate
> the forms I'm trying to fill in.  I can include the background form as
> an image and place text in the specific places on top.
>    Unfortunately, pstricks only works with DVI output, not PDF.  And
> I'm using the graphicsx package and .png graphics files, so I need a
> different way of placing text in specific locations.
>    Anyone know of a package that will do this, that's compatible with
> PDF output?
>
> -- Chris

IN Context the M-pstrics module will allow the use of pstricks
yet end up with a pdf file as the output. Or for plain tex and
latex users the file can be created, converted to ps with dvips,
then converted to pdf with ps2pdf.

You might look into a non-tex approach with Scribus.
--
John Culleton
Able Indexing and Typesetting