[texhax] switching to twocolumn, twopage after the title page

Fehd, Ronald J. (CDC/CCHIS/NCHM) rjf2 at cdc.gov
Mon Aug 21 21:20:28 CEST 2006

> > From: "Jason Dusek" <jason.dusek at gmail.com>
> > I'd like to write an article with the title, abstract and table of
> > contents on the first page, centered.
> > Then I want the second page and
> > all following pages in twocolumn, twopage layout. How do I do that?
>
> The abstract environment centers its paragraphs on the page
> in article class.
>
> getting the table of contents centered requires minipage:
> \hfill provides the even spacing on both sides of the box

> \begin{document}
> \maketitle
>
> \begin{abstract}
> \ldots
> \end{abstract}
>
> \hspace{0pt}%strut
> \hfill%
> \begin{minipage}{.8\textwidth}%review abstract to get same width
> \tableofcontents
> \end{minipage}\hfill\hspace{0pt}%strut

if you do not want to use the abstract width
then put the abstract paragraph(s) in the minipage:

\hspace{0pt}%strut
\hfill%
\begin{minipage}{.618\textwidth}%phi
%\begin{abstract}
\section*{abstract}%use star to remove from ToC
\ldots
%\end{abstract}

\tableofcontents
\end{minipage}\hfill\hspace{0pt}%strut

Ron Fehd  the macro maven  CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov