[texhax] can't control page size - why? (the real problem)

Tom Schneider toms at ncifcrf.gov
Wed Apr 26 13:50:28 CEST 2006

Krishnan:

> > I'm using PStricks inside latex to generate a diagram.  I want to
> > enclose the result in a tiny EPS file that I can then import as a
> > figure.  So I need to control the boundary of the page.
>
> The way I usually do this sort of thing is to first make a tex file of the
> diagram with "\pagestyle{empty}" (so that there would be no footer),
> generate the ps file with dvips and then use "ps2eps", which will create
> an eps of the diagram with the correct bounding box.

AHHH!!  Perfect!  Now I have two ways to control the result - as a
tight enclosing eps (via ps2eps) and as a defined page size (via -T of
dvips).

Thanks!!!

Tom

  Dr. Thomas D. Schneider
  National Institutes of Health
  National Cancer Institute
  Center for Cancer Research Nanobiology Program
  Molecular Information Theory Group
  Frederick, Maryland  21702-1201
  toms at ncifcrf.gov
  permanent email: toms at alum.mit.edu (use only if first address fails)