[texhax] help

SHELTRAW, DANIEL sheltraw at berkeley.edu
Tue Apr 25 00:58:31 CEST 2006

Hello LaTex users

I am trying to find a way to "set apart" the details of some mathematical
calculations that I would like to appear in the body of a document (rather
than in an appendix for example). My first attempt was using the following
sort of thing

\begin{tabular}{|p{15.5cm}|}
\hline
foo foo foo
\hline
\end{tabular}

This puts all the foo (which can be as much as a page long) in a box which
distinguishes its contents from the rest of the text body. The problem with
this is that the foo can not be split between pages easily.

Does any body have an idea how to set apart details of a calculation
from the rest of the body of text.

Thank you,
Daniel