[texhax] FAQ/Documentation [was `Translating ...']

Uwe Lück uwe.lueck at web.de
Mon Apr 24 23:12:56 CEST 2006

A proposal on texhax's `Welcome' mail:

I acknowledge what Justin, Reinhard Kotucha, and William Adams
have answered to William Markel concerning `Translating into math-like
symbols'
and their friendly way of pointing to FAQs etc.

Again I wonder how come that some posters (i.e. posting authors) don't know?
Aren't they told at their initiation into texhax?

Tonight I have looked into my `Welcome' mail from texhax. It includes

If you click there, you find those great FAQ and other advising sites.
But can the newbie have an idea that this leads her to great FAQ etc. sites?

So I suggest to add something to the `Welcome' mail (after the previous) like

   Please look there before posting especially if you are new
   to TeX, texhax etc.

HTH -- Uwe.