[texhax] Translating into math-like symbols

Justin C. Walker justin at mac.com
Mon Apr 24 02:17:54 CEST 2006

On Apr 23, 2006, at 15:03 , WILLIAM D MARKEL wrote:

> OK, I joined TUG and got the disks.  Everything is installed.  What
> I want to be able to do is translate stuff like what follows into
> something resembling math.  So far, I haven't a clue about how to
> do this.

Since you've joined TUG, you should know about their home page, and
the links there.  In particular, the "Getting Started" link gives you
some pointers to basic doc and tutorial discussions.

The list is a great place to get specific questions answered, but you
should do a little research before asking: the FAQ (again, a TUG
link) and Google are usually very helpful.

And a request: if you can, configure your mailer to send plain text
to mailing lists like this one.  Fancy formatting of mail usually
produces crappy results on systems whose configuration doesn't match
yours; and more importantly, all that fancy formatting information
just fouls up the archive for those who search for answers there.

Cheers,

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large