[texhax] generating own table of contents

Paul Tremblay phthenry at iglou.com
Fri Apr 21 01:21:09 CEST 2006

I am just learning to use the hyperref package and wanted to know if I
can generate my own TOC with bookmarks without using \tableofcontents.

I am using LaTeX to format an XML document. The XML document already
has the table of contents in it. When converted to LaTeX, it looks
like this:

2. Woolworth, Main Street and Modernization\dotfill \pageref{idchapter1}

This gives me a page number which in turn is a hyperlink. But it does
not give me the full bookmark features that the \tableofcontents
command gives.

Thanks

Paul