[texhax] Appendix

Lars Madsen daleif at imf.au.dk
Thu Apr 6 12:07:20 CEST 2006

Taylan Yetkin :

> Dear TexHax Users,
>
> It might be simple question but I couldn't find the solution. When I type
> \appendix before the \chapter{} (there are several chapters following that) I
> can only see A, B, C... not Appendix A, Appendix B, ... in table of contents
> and as chapter heads? How can I have Appendix word in front of A, B, ...?

As always I highly recommend the use of the memoir class.
In this case solving your problem is quite easy.

You will need the latest version of memoir inclusing the latest
mempatch.sty

Then just do

\documentclass[openany]{memoir} % this is basically report
\renewcommand*{\cftappendixname}{\appendixname~}
\begin{document}
\tableofcontents*
\chapter{test}
test
\appendix
\chapter{test 2}
test
\end{document}

For more information see memmanadd.pdf, page 11

/daleif

``You cannot help men permanently by doing for them
what they could and should do for themselves. ''
  -- Abraham Lincoln