[texhax] Illustrations from other books

Dr. Friedrich Katscher dr.katscher.vienna at chello.at
Sun Sep 25 08:37:15 CEST 2005

I am writing a book on the history of mathematics with LaTex. Everything works fine. I was able to draw some geometrical figures.

But I have a problem: I want to illustrate the book with pictures, small ones and whole pages, from other books (old ones, from the 16th century). What can I do?

Is there the possibility to buy additional Adobe software, which allows to insert illustrations? What about the pagination if the illustration is a whole page? Is there an instruction somewhere how to proceed?

Unfortunately Adobe is very expensive. Is it really necessary to buy the whole Adobe program for this purpose? Or are there other possibilities?

Thanking you in advance,
Dr. Friedrich Katscher, Vienna, Austria