[texhax] fancy header margin, and other minors

George Georgalis george at galis.org
Fri Sep 16 21:47:54 CEST 2005

Hi,

I'm still pretty new with latex so please bare with me. :)
Hope it's okay to post several questions in one message.  I'm
developing a style for company documents, pretty much worked out,
but some issues remain.

I'd like to change the margin only for my fancy headers, eg the
header and footer should have a wider margin than the body. I've
used

\addtolength{\hoffset}{-1cm}
\addtolength{\textwidth}{2cm}

but I cannot get it placed correctly for the desired affect,
what's the best way to do this?

A company logo is all text, but it should be bolder than "company"
depicted here:

\huge{\bf{company}\textcolor{green}{\small{ subname}\tiny{ LLC}}}%

I'm not sure the correct term, but is there any way to make double
bold?

pdflatex (and presumably latex) generates a thin gray underline
here:

\textbf{\LARGE{\underline{\filename}}}

How can I make the underline bold and black? (I also need to make
the header horizontal rule green)

I'm generating a signature line with

        \underline{\hspace{2.5in}}

is that the best way?