[texhax] More Manyfoot + Setspace Oddness

Chris Yocum cyocum at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 14:18:34 CEST 2005

Hi All,
     I am again seeking some advice about the Manyfoot package's
interaction with the Setspace package.
     As many of you know, I am typesetting an edition of a Middle
Irish poem and I am using the LEDMAC package to do the edition.  Now,
I am pretty much finished with inputting all the information in a way
that LEDMAC expects but my university requires everything to be double
spaced except for poems, long quotations, and footnotes.
     To fulfill that requirement, I place \being{singlespace} and
\end{singlespace} from the Setspace package around the poem.  When I
compile the file, LaTeX splits the poem across two pages.  On the
first page, the poem and the edition footnotes (the 'critical
apperatus') are single spaced as expected.  However, on the second
page, the poem is single spaced but the edition footnotes are double
spaced even though the footnotes are surrounded by
\begin{singlespace}...\end{singlespace}.  This causes havoc with my
bottom margin and sometimes causes the footnotes to drop off the end
of the page.
     If anyone has any suggestions or advice, I would appreciate it.
I apologize in advance if I have missed something simple or this has
been covered in another place.  Thank you all for your continuing help
with my first foray into LaTeX and related subjects.

Sincerely,
Chris Yocum

PS I am using MikTeX with an ledmac package that was packaged for
MikTeX 2.4.1461 with PDFTeX 2.4.1986 on 19/9/2005