[texhax] Latex

David C. Walden dave at walden-family.com
Sat Oct 15 23:46:11 CEST 2005

I'm not sure if the following address your need, but
regarding the future of LaTeX:

1) You might take a look at the comp.text.tex list:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.text.tex?hl=en
There is a discussion going on there now about the
future of TeX (75 messages in the thread so far.).

2) Also, take a look at http://www.latex-project.org/

3) Also, http://www.tug.org/TUGboat/Articles/tb24-1/gaudeul.pdf
might be interesting, as might various other papers in old
issues of TUGboat:  http://www.tug.org/TUGboat/

If you are really asking about writing a class file, the
upcoming issue of The PracTeX Journal will have an introductory
article by Jim Hefferon on writing a class file.  The issue should
be published in about two weeks at www.tug.org/pracjourn.