[texhax] set of data

Konstantin Karapetyan kotya.karapetyan at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 19:00:43 CEST 2005

Hello texhax,

I have the following task. I have my own class. Each document, based
on this class, should include a complex-formatted table with a list of
responsible persons. This table is currently formed by a special
environment and a number of \AddPerson commands within it.
Additionally, there are three different subgroups of these persons.
Because LaTeX doesn't (as far as I know) allow for nested user-defined
environments, I implemented it like this:

\begin{ResponsiblePeople}
   \SubgroupOne
   \AddPerson{name}{contacts}
   \AddPerson{name}{contacts}
   \SubgroupTwo
   \AddPerson{name}{contacts}
   \SubgroupThree
   \AddPerson{name}{contacts}
\end{ResponsiblePeople}

I don't like it much. Instead I'd prefer to have a set of persons'
names and contacts put into some data structure and then have this
whole structure passed to a command which would form the list for me.

Is this possible?

Thanks!

Konstantin.