[texhax] TeX to LaTeX

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Wed Oct 5 12:44:28 CEST 2005

Dick, I cut my teeth on Plain TeX and still can't stomach LaTeX,
but I sometimes need to use the latter when I want something like
SPQR's "Hyperref" or simplified access to esoteric fonts.  In my
experience, one can embed an Plain TeX document within a LaTeX
wrapper with few problems -- there /are/ a few primitives that
have been clobbered or usurped by LaTeX, but the vast majority
of TeX primitives will continue to work as you might expect.
If I were you, I'd try wrapping your Plain TeX source file in
a LaTeX wrapper and seeing how well or how badly it fares ...

Philip Taylor
--------