[texhax] including remote graphics file

Alexander Grahn A.Grahn at fz-rossendorf.de
Fri Nov 25 14:18:21 CET 2005

>Where this command should be placed? In TeXShop this ansatz runs
>perfectly but on terminal command line fails (\write18 does not work)

On first attempt I couldn't get it work either. Curiously, the

  ! LaTeX Error: File `...' not found.

occurs, before executing the wget command, although \includegraphics
comes after \write18 in my LaTeX source.

A line \AtBeginDocument{\write18{...}} in the preamble solved the problem eventually.

On some systems (e. g. MiKTeX) the option -enable-write18 must be used instead
of -shell-escape.

Alexander