[texhax] package

Uwe Lück uwe.lueck at web.de
Wed Nov 23 14:19:23 CET 2005

Hello Wickes,

At 07:17 21.11.05, Wickes Robbertse wrote:

>I'm trying to find a command or package to facilitate actuarial notation
>in LaTex, i.e. for an ordinary annuity a_n the n is placed in a halfbox.

some more people may be able to help you if you explain
what a `halfbox' is. My dictionaries don't tell me.
(To be sure, Google shows many pages, but they all seem
to presuppose that readers know what a halfbox is.)
Non-English speakers may as well not know what an `annuity'
and `actuarial' are. And some readers of this list may know what
`actuarial' is, but still not what `actuarial notation' is.
I also wouldn't be surprised to learn that there are different
national traditions concerning such notation.

Best,
   Uwe.