[texhax] Bilbliography problem

Morten Høgholm morten.hoegholm at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 17:07:44 CET 2005

On Fri, 04 Nov 2005 01:26:32 -0600, Uwe Lück <uwe.lueck at web.de> wrote:

> \iffalse meta-comment ... just on fairness and policy [continued below]

[snipped rant]

Uwe, I haven't got the faintest idea of what you're trying to achieve here
other than making Robin stop posting answers.

On comp.text.tex and here, Zak was told to provide a minimal example plus
just to tell us which bibliography style he is using. He has done neither.

Your argument is that maybe it's not so easy to provide a minimal example
in all cases and that can very well be true for things affecting page
breaking (footnotes, floats) and memory leaks. In this case however, it is
pretty obvious that something is wrong in the "thebibliography"
environment. I claim that it is possible to provide a small minimal
example for this situation. Do you think I'm wrong making that claim?

\fi

\begin{problem-solving}
In this case \@listctr is undefined. The most likely thing to cause this
problem is that the document class or a package used defines the
"thebibliography" environment but does not issue \usecounter internally.
This would indeed lead to the error message that \@listctr is undefined.

So Zak, which document class are you using? And where did you get it
(link, please)?
\end{problem-solving}
--
Morten