[texhax] multiple bibliographies with different styles

Madeline Pool m_pool at yahoo.com
Thu May 5 18:31:45 CEST 2005

I posted this to comp.text.tex at the end of April but I haven't gotten
any replies. So, I'm trying here. Thanks in advance for your help.

I'm putting together my thesis as a collection of papers. The problem
I have is that each chapter has to have the bibliography style of the
original submitted paper. Some of mine are author-date and some are
numbered. I've got a partial solution:

1. Created natbib compatible bibliography styles for each paper using
custom-bib. (Note don't use _ in the style names because that won't
work
in the next step)
2. Modified natbib.sty by a) docstrip'ing it with the options
package,all,nopreonly and b) adding citation format lines to get the
appropriate (1) or (author, date) style for each bibliography style.
3. Loaded the following packages in the root document:
\usepackage[sectionbib]{natbib}
\usepackage{chapterbib}
4. In each included file:
at the top:
\citestyle{appropriate name from natbib.sty}
at the bottom:
\bibliographystyle{stylename}
\bibliography{filename}

This gives the references and citations formatted correctly except for
one
thing - the chapters with numbered styles are missing the numbers in
the
reference list.

ex:
Want this: