[texhax] Fonts: non-standard sizes of Type1 CM fonts for dvi output?

Benjamin Deutsch Benjamin.Deutsch at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Fri Jun 24 13:48:53 CEST 2005

> > Is there an equivalent package to times.sty, only for CM?
>
> Are you using the type1cm package?

No, I wasn't, and it turns out that was exactly what I was looking for. Thank
you very much! (I saw that this package IS mentioned in the FAQ, but only
under the error message. I'll drop the FAQ maintainers a line about this, see
what they think.)

Another thing, though: if I wanted to use T1 encodings, is my only option to
use another font, like Latin Modern, CM-super, or similar, and either install
these myself or pick a distribution new enough to include these? Or is there
another way that works on unmodified, slightly older distributions?

Bye,
  Benjamin Deutsch