[texhax] Text wrapping

Alberto Vecchiato vecchiato at to.astro.it
Mon Jun 6 13:33:35 CEST 2005

Hi,

I'm trying something which probably LaTeX is not designed for, that is to make
text wrap around a particular path.

It is _not_ the usual wrapping that could be solved by packages like wrapfig,
floatfig or picins (I carefully read the FAQs). Rather, maybe my problem is
more complex. I would like to make LaTeX adjust the width of a paragraph for
each single line so that the margins of the paragraph itself can follow a
given path, like it can be done with all the WYSIWYG DTP applications of even
with some word processors.

Just for example, I could have an oval and typeset some text inside this oval,
but avoiding any text clipping, as it would result using pstricks. I hope the
description of the problem is clear enough in spite of my poor English.

Thanks in advance.

Alberto Vecchiato