[texhax] Pst-tree problem with placement

Ian Watson i.watson at econ.usyd.edu.au
Tue Dec 13 12:13:01 CET 2005

Dear Folks

I wonder if anyone can suggest a solution to a problem with the
placement of a genealogy tree using pst-tree commands. I am using MikTex
on Windows 2000, compiling to DVI then using DVIPS. My document begins
with the following setup:

\documentclass[a3paper,oneside,landscape,10pt]{memoir}
\usepackage{pst-tree}

The tree commands I use closely follow examples found on:

http://www.tug.org/applications/PSTricks/Trees/

and have generally worked the way I want.

However, the final tree is offset on the page, in fact, parts of it
disappear off the right hand side of the page, even though there is a
large amount of space left on the left hand side.

I have tried various memoir settings to change the typeblock and
textwidth etc but to no avail. It seems that the the pst-tree commands
have their own way of placing the tree at a certain location to begin
with, and then it simply expands outwards from that location. I have
studied some of the pstricks commands but am not familiar enough with
them to know how to hack the pst-tree.tex file to change the way ps-tree
works.

Any advice would be most appeciated.

--
Kind regards,