[texhax] IFSYM package: PFB or TTF fonts

John Simmie john.simmie at nuigalway.ie
Wed Aug 10 09:39:58 CEST 2005

It turns out that I need PFB or TTF font files to use the IFSYM package
of geometrical symbols in open and closed forms, not the TFMs which
some kind people generated from the original MF for me.

But altho, for example, ifgeo10.pfb does exist on the web, it is locked
away behind a password.

Is there a (legal?) tool for converting TFMs to PFBs or TTFs?
Or does one have to go back to the Metafont source?

Thanks, John

              Professor John M. Simmie
Chemistry Department & Environmental Change Institute
    National University of Ireland, Galway::Ireland