[texhax] hyperref conflicts with apacite

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Wed Apr 13 22:28:05 CEST 2005

> I had read that and tried the hyper option. It returns the same results =20
> however :(
>
> Oh well. So now we must conclude that hyperref does not play nice with =20
> apacite. Perhaps whoever is responsible for the TeX Catalog Online can =20
> update the reference to apacite at =20
> http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/entries/apacite.html?=20
> filename=3Dapacite&action=3D/tools/cataloguesearch&catstring=3Dapacite so=
>  =20
> that it does not say that apacite is compatible with hyperref.

i've the source file in an editor buffer, right now.  i've reviewed
the manual, and i've changed the relevant sentence to read:

      The package is compatible with chapterbib and (to some extent)
      with hyperref (for limits of compatibility, see the manual).

(this is a bit like ford prefect and his hhgtg entry for earth...)

anyway, i'll check it in now, and it'll make its way to the other ctan
sites (including the ref you give above) overnight.