[texhax] ieeeconf.cls is old

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Wed Apr 13 17:26:58 CEST 2005

> I used the ieeeconf.cls that was sent to me by the conference site with =
> no
> problems.=20
>
> Afterwards, I downloaded  the complete system from CTAN, and I wanted to =
> use
> it the regular way.=20
>
> I suddenly started to have problems, until I observed that the stored =
> CTAN
> ieeeconf.cls  file is old. I replaced it with my updated version 1.6  =
> and no
> problems again.

there is no ieeeconf.cls on ctan.  there are source files for
generating IEEEconf.cls, but the class itself is not separately
stored.

the ieeeconf directory was last updated in march of this year (by the
author of the class file); is it perhaps that the version provided by
your conference site is so old that it's incompatible with the current
offering?

> However, problems start again whenever I "update" the system. I can =
> replace
> it myself every time I update, yet for the general public maybe it can =
> be
> updated in the http://www.tug.org/ctan.html storage.

how do you "update" the system?  what system?  (that is, what tex
distribution are you using?)

it is impossible to deal with your complaint without knowing what
*exactly* you are complaining about.

Robin Fairbairns

For the CTAN team