[texhax] greek letters in ghostscript

Philip Ratcliffe philip.ratcliffe at email.it
Mon Apr 11 21:56:52 CEST 2005

> I have a problem with greek letters in *.eps format. When I
> export a graph
> from Origin in EPS fomat the greek letters disappear.
> So, I cannot include EPS figures in LaTeX with greek letters. I
> tried with
> exporting the graphs as WMF and then converting with WMF2EPS, and it
> worked, but the graphs are very different in colour, size, contrast,
> transparency, etc. from the directly exported to EPS.
> What can I do to solve this problem???? Do I Have to include symbol fonts
> or anything similar in Ghostscript?

If you can, try exporting to jpg and then use jpg2ps to convert (it's not
really conversion, just wrapping, so it shouldn't change the figures).

Another alternative, instead of exporting to eps, is to set up a postscript
printer and print to file (one figure at a time of course) and then convert
to eps using ghostview.

Cheers,  Phil

 Sponsor:
 Ascolta le migliori suonerie per il tuo cellulare
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=3113&d=11-4