[texhax] Table overloaded

Lars Madsen daleif at imf.au.dk
Mon Apr 11 20:53:08 CEST 2005

Kashif Khan :

> Hi,
>
> I'm creating many tables in my tex file by using \begin{table} but when
> I compile my program it gives me error "Too many unprocessed floats". It
> seems that LaTeX cannot handle more than 20 tables in a file. Since I've
> to give label and use captions with those tables that is why I'm using
> \begin{table}.

it handles hundres of tables just fine.

the problem is like it says: Too many unprocessed floats, meaning that the
number of floats that are currently in memory and not yet placed are too
large.

Try inserting \clearpage some places, it dumps all unprocessed floats, and
after the last one it starts a new page.

specifying something to the optional argument to \begin{table} might also
be usefull.

--

/daleif

``You cannot help men permanently by doing for them
what they could and should do for themselves. ''
  -- Abraham Lincoln