[texhax] LaTeX enhancement

david.boerschlein at pb.com david.boerschlein at pb.com
Tue Sep 7 23:04:20 CEST 2004

We have the TexLive distribution., which appears not to have the source
code for the latex command.

We are in need of an enhancement to the LaTeX command-line so that it will
read a list of tex filenames from either STDIN or disk and, for each
filename in the list, create a DVI file without forking and execing each
time.    We have 80,000 tex files to process for a typical run to create
80,000 dvi files.   Alternately, we could give it the name of a directory
and expect latex to process all the tex files in the directory.

We have the C expertise to make such an enhancement.

Please advise.     Thanks.

david.boerschlein at pb.com
David P. Boerschlein
234 Wallace Way - Bldg 9