[texhax] Recommended litterature on TeX and LaTeX

Stefan Björk stefan at raggmunk.nu
Fri Nov 12 08:28:25 CET 2004

I was about to buy Knuth's "The TeXbook" and Lamports "LaTeX: A Document
Preparation System", when I realized those book were quite expensive.
This does not mean that I will not buy them, but I'd like to ask how the
other books mentioned in the FAQ compare to the "original" TeX and LaTeX
works? I have glanced in both books at the local library, so I have a
vague idea of their styles and contents.

I'm a (below?) average LaTeX user, with some basic knowledge about TeX,
so I do not look for the "TeX for Dummies" kind of book.

Stefan