[texhax] Newbie question re undefined control sequence

Jeroen Wijnhout Jeroen.Wijnhout at kdemail.net
Wed May 26 17:32:31 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 26 May 2004 16:58, Justin Walker wrote:
> On May 26, 2004, at 6:57, Peter Flom wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > Please excuse me if this is covered in the FAQ; I did try to look, but
> > am not even sure what to search for.  Also, this is only my third day
> > using LaTeX
> >
> > I am using texlive and WinEdt on a Windows machine
> >
> > When I try to typeset the following
> >
> > \documentclass[12pt, draft]{report}
> > \usepackage{graphicx, amsmath, amssymb, latexsym}
>
> I don't know that you can bunch up the package names in a single
> command like this.
>
> Try doing one \usepackage per package.

It's allowed, that's not it.

\theoremstyle{plain} is a command in the theorem package, so you have to add a
\usepackage{theorem} to your document, or replace
 \usepackage{graphicx, amsmath, amssymb, latexsym}
with
 \usepackage{graphicx, amsmath, amssymb, latexsym, theorem}

best,
Jeroen
--
Kile - an Integrated LaTeX Environment for KDE
http://kile.sourceforge.net