[texhax] metafont running problem

Edward G.J. Lee edt1023 at ms17.hinet.net
Wed May 19 12:22:40 CEST 2004

Hi Frauke,

On Tue, May 18, 2004, Frauke Jurgensen wrote:

> I'm under Mandrake 8.2.

  Maybe you need upgrade your Mandrake Linux. MDK-8.2 use
  the old(1.0.7) teTeX system.

  On my Mandrake 9.2 box, mf is link to mfw.

> Thanks for the quick response!
> I tried it. Unfortunately, it didn't work: "Command not found".
> Something must be really messed up in my installation, which in itself
> would be nothing new!
> I wandered through the /usr/bin, and found mf and mft, but no mfw. Then
> I searched for it, but no mfw.
> What exactly is mfw, and where can I find it?

  Or maybe you can get the source rpm from Mandrake-9.2(any mirror
  site you find it) and rebuild it(I never try it).

  get /somewhere/tetex-2.0.2-xxmdk.src.rpm (xx is revised number)
  rpm -i tetex-2.0.2-xxmdk.src.rpm
  rpmbuild -bb /usr/src/RPM/SPECS/tetex.spec
  The binary rpm will at /usr/src/RPM/RPMS/i586/ directory.

--
Edward