[texhax] Widow headings

A. Gunes Koru gkoru at engr.smu.edu
Tue Mar 9 18:54:59 CET 2004

Hi,

I avoided orphan and widow lines using

\clubpenalty=10000
\widowpenalty=10000

in the preamble. However, that cannot avoid widow headings (I hope i am using
the terminology correctly, I mean the last line in a page which is a section
heading).

Is there anything I can do to handle it automatically? This happens 7-8 times
in my 150 pages report and may be I can manually add a pagebreak. However,
the document tends to change often which requires this manual adjustmen often
too.

I would deeply appreciate if someone could tell me how to achieve this
automatically.