[texhax] stupid enumerate question

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Tue Jun 29 13:51:01 CEST 2004

> I want to interrupt a nested enumerations a la
>
> http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=interruptlist
>
> which says you can suspend a given nested enumerate id with
> \suspend[id]{enumerate}
>
> how do I give enumerations ids so that I can tell suspend what to
> suspend?

the faq answer shows you, but it could do with an example.  something
like:

\begin{enumerate}
\item blah 1
\suspend[blah]{enumerate}
here we are again
  \begin{enumerate}
  \item nest 1
  \suspend[nest]{enumerate}
  happy as can be
  \resume[nest]{enumerate}
  \item nest 2
  \end{enumerate}
\resume[blah]{enumerate}
\item blah 2
\end{enumerate}

this isn't entirely satisfactory, in fact.  as far as latex is
concerned, the "nested" list is a top-level one, so there's no
distinction about labels.

i can imagine circumstances where the facility might be useful,
though...

i'll try and get an example into the faq in some future revision.