[texhax] Ghostview always displayx A4 paper

Philip G. Ratcliffe philip.ratcliffe at uninsubria.it
Tue Jun 8 11:49:10 CEST 2004

> It's 8.14.  It was doing the same thing before I upgraded--that was
> 8.00.  Do you think 8.13 will behave differently?  I'd be willing to try
> it . . . .

Are you sure you're creating the ps with dvips -t letter (or the default set
to letter) ghostview 8.13 appears to reset itself according to the paper
size the document declares, though 8.124 appears not to (I've just this
minute upgraded to make the comparison).

However, if in 8.14 I select "letter" (Media menu) and then hit "save
settings now" (Options menu) then the option remains.  Moreover, having put
the letter option in my LaTeX file (\documentclass[letter]{article}) and
used dvips -t letter the page always appears correctly in the GhostView
window, only the bounding box is A4 if A4 is selected in the GhostView Media
menu.

Cordialmente,  Philip G. Ratcliffe