[texhax] cam.ctan.org, {ftp,rsync,www}.tex.ac.uk down sun 1 aug

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Thu Jul 29 13:29:17 CEST 2004

the central cambridge university switches, etc., will all be down from
about 08:00 to 17:00 next sunday 2004-08-01.  the university will keep
needing more central facilities and the entire backup power supply is
to be replaced.  as a result, all the cambridge ctan services will be
inaccessible for that period.  (we don't take power from the centre,
so at least our machines ought to survive the down-time.)

my apologies for the inconvenience; among other things, it will allow
even more under-used bandwidth to the cambridge ctan.

Robin Fairbairns

For the CTAN team