[texhax] justfy the reference in IEEE template

Jim Adams adams.31 at wright.edu
Fri Jul 23 11:48:49 CEST 2004

Hi Jing,

I took a quick look at the IEEEtran.cls.  I think you can cheat the system by making the following change in the bibliography section.  If anyone else has a better fix, please let us know.

Jim

\def\thebibliography#1{\section*{References}%
\addcontentsline{toc}{section}{References}%
% V1.6 add some rubber space here and provide a command trigger
\footnotesize \vskip 0.3\baselineskip plus 0.1\baselineskip minus 0.1\baselineskip%
\list{\@biblabel{\@arabic\c at enumiv}}%
{\settowidth\labelwidth{\@biblabel{#1}}%
\leftmargin\labelwidth
\advance\leftmargin\labelsep\relax
\itemsep 0pt plus .5pt\relax%
\usecounter{enumiv}%
\let\p at enumiv\@empty
\renewcommand\theenumiv{\@arabic\c at enumiv}}%
\let\@IEEElatexbibitem\bibitem%
\def\bibitem{\@IEEEbibitemprefix\@IEEElatexbibitem}%
\def\newblock{\hskip .11em plus .33em minus .07em}%

Change the {\settowidth... line to this:

{\settowidth\labelwidth{\@biblabel{#10}}%