[texhax] TeXDesign

Juan Mari Alberdi wapalgaj at sq.ehu.es
Wed Jul 21 11:48:11 CEST 2004

Hello,

I've started trying TeXDesign and it seems to be very helpful. I've
found the following though,

1) TeXDesign creates a file '.txp' such as

\unitlength 1.00mm
\begin{picture}(78.08,85.23)
\TDellipse(65.48,68.11)(14.41,10.64)(30.77,49.40)
\TDcircle(40.63,39.57,29.58)
\TDLine(40.24,86.23)(40.24,1.00)(0.40)
\end{picture}

but when I try to open it with TeXDesign in order to edit it, I get the
following messagge

'1.00' is not a valid floating point value

and TeXDesign doesn't allow the file be opened.

2) When drawing an ellipse TeXDesign takes too few points on the sharp
ends (or so it seems).

However TeXDesign allows quick and easy integration of simple geometric
figures and text in LaTeX (WindowsXP platform).

Thank you Prof. Gintis.

Juan Alberdi
Spain