[texhax] Re: How to add math text to existing ps figure file

Kelle Cruz kelle at amnh.org
Tue Jul 20 19:14:22 CEST 2004

Hi,

I was intrigued by the two recent posts on how to annonate postscript
figures using various LaTeX packages.  I usually use Adobe Illustrator to
perfect my postscript figures that were originally created by other
programs (e.g., Fortran, IDL).

Does anyone have any opinions regarding the pros and cons of using these
two methods for creating documents destined for academic journals?

Based on my limited experience, I would imagine that publishers would
prefer that figures be self-contained into one EPS file.  If that is
indeed the case, then I would suggest to Bill that he try to get his hands
on a copy of Adobe Illustrator.

kelle

Kelle Cruz, PhD                    | kelle at amnh.org
NSF Postdoctoral Fellow            | 917.441.1834
American Museum of Natural History |
Department of Astrophysics         |
Central Park West at 79th Street   |
New York, NY 10024-5192            | http://www.hep.upenn.edu/~kelle