[texhax] How to change the Hyphenation for a dictionary in TeX

krishan gopal goswami krishan_gopi at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 19 07:10:57 CEST 2004

Dear Sir,

I am a TeX user, I am facing some problem in
hyphenation pattern which comes automatically from
TeX,
I have a word breacking dictionary, some of its words
are given below having hyphen in the place where the
word may break if required. I have tried to change the
hyphenation pattern from default US hyphenation to UK
hyphenation, but it is still not the same which I
need.

Some of the words from Dictionary:

aard-vark
aard-wolf
aba-cus
aba-lone

baba-coote
ba-bassu
bab-bitt
bab-bittry
ba-bi-russa
bab-bler
bab-bling

What penalty should I fix to get proper hyphenation?
Is there any document having detail about complete
hyphenation process of a Dictionary.

Waiting for reply

Thanks for your kind cooperation in advance

Krishan Gopal