[texhax] [SOLVED] Indenting the footnote rule - how to?

Michal Dobaczewski mdobaczewski at cc.com.pl
Thu Jul 15 13:21:55 CEST 2004

Mohamed HOUSSNI wrote:

> \renewcommand\footnoterule{%
> \kern-3p@
> \hspace*{10mm}\hrule\@width.4\columnwidth
> \kern2.6\p@}
>
> Note the dimension 10mm is just an example and you can put what ever you
> want.

Hello,

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately this doesn't work for me - there
is no visible effect. In fact, I've tried this before. The hspace seems
to affect the paragraph text only i.e if I put:

\renewcommand\footnoterule{%
   \kern-\p@
   \hspace*{2in} aaa \hrule \@width .1\columnwidth
   \kern .6\p@}

then it indents the "aaa" text, but still doesn't indent the rule.

On the other hand I have already received a working solution (as far as
I can tell it was sent to the private address only so I cannot forward
it to the group myself).

Thanks all who took time to try to help.

Michal Dobaczewski.