[texhax] bmp to eps

Peter Hutnick tex at hutnick.com
Mon Jul 12 16:40:18 CEST 2004

Leonardo Giantini Trabuco wrote:

> » Jing Zhang escreveu:
>
>>Well, it is easy to save a .bmp file as a .jpg file in paint. But what
>>is "jpeg2ps"? It is not a unix command.
>

> Well, it is a unix command once you have it installed in your system...
> ;-)
>
> Take a look at http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/support/jpeg2ps/

You might look at http://bmeps.sourceforge.net/.  I haven't used it, so
I can't speak to how well it works.  I'd hesitate to use jpeg2ps if you
are starting with a bitmap, since bitmaps are lossless and jpegs are
lossy.  You can use the GIMP or whatever to convert your bmp to a png,
which is also lossless, and then use bmeps to convert the png directly
to eps.

Good luck!

-Peter