[texhax] question

Luis A. Payan R. listas at alpanet.org
Fri Jul 9 16:06:44 CEST 2004

Hi, Manuel

In the preamble of your document write:  \spanishdecimal{.}

By mutual agreement  almost all the countries where the spanish language
is official, have adopted the use of the comma as the decimal separator.
All countries except Mexico, where a dot is the decimal separator.  I
really do not understand this fact :-(  ...

Best regards...

Manuel Reta wrote:

> I have been using Latex, through MikteX, since some years ago. It
> works great.
>
> However, reacently, I updated to the new version of MikteX (ver. 2.4),
> and I am getting problems when using the option Spanish with the Babel
> package. One of the problems is that when I put any decimal number,
> let's say 3.14159, I get in the final document 3,14159 (instead a
> decimal point, I get a comma).
>
> Can somebody tell me what can I do to solve this problem?  Am I doing
> something wrong?
>
> Thanks in advance
>

> Dr. Manuel Reta
> manuelreta at ieee.org